After the long hours of study you need to step back, take a deep breath and allow yourself a chance to unwind and gather your senses, rejuvenated for the next wave of assignments and exams.Here’s our Top 5 spots to relax within just 5 minutes’ walk from Student One’s front door.
1. Roma Street Parklands – more than 16 hectares of soft grass, lush tropical gardens and plenty of shade under a tree, the Parklands are a favourite spot for busy city workers to find a moments peace while enjoying their lunch. On weekends you’ll find families enjoying a morning walk and coffee, as well as the occasional yoga class taking place on the lawns.
2. The Brisbane River – there a dozens of quiet, tucked away spots for you to sit on a bench seat and listen to the sounds of the meandering Brisbane River, water lapping against the boardwalk as the ferries make their way from terminal to terminal.
3. King George Square – although it’s rarely quiet, it is the perfect place for a favourite pastime – people watching. This culturally diverse and vibrant City gives you a chance to view the amazing people that make it Australia’s new world city. Be inspired by the people that make up this great city.
4. Spa and massage – whatever your budget, there is an array spa and relaxation centres throughout Brisbane City to enjoy. Whether it’s the knot in your shoulder you need kneaded, some much needed meditation, or a facial and body scrub, it’s the perfect way to reward your mind and body, ready for a brand new day.
5. On a CityCat or ferry – there’s few things more enjoyable than hopping on a ferry with nowhere to go, or no place to be; just enjoying the river breeze as you make your way up and down the Brisbane River. It’s a great way to see what this City has to offer and you may like to take a picnic lunch and stop off at one of Brisbane’s many parks.